How to register for Goa Shops and Establishment Act ?
The Goa Shops And Commercial Establishments Act 1973 provides the statutory provisions for regulation of maintenance and conditions related to the establishment, including shops, offices, commercial establishments, etc.
Who is it applicable to?
Any establishment operating within the jurisdiction of Goa will be required to get a Shops and Establishment License under this act including establishments in commercial nature. Every establishment covered here is required to get registration under Goa shops and establishment act within 90 days of commencement of its operations. It is to be noted that non-commercial establishments or institutions of business such as NGOs are not required to get registered under Shops & Establishment Act. The act specifically includes the following establishments:
- Commercial establishment
- Residential hotel
- Eating House
- Theatre or
- Other places of Public Amusement or entertainment
- Banks and
- Other establishment Notified by Govt.
The above following entities can get themselves registered under Goa shops and establishment act by filing an online application and submitting the required documents. Once processed the approval/rejection shall be intimated to the applicant within seven days of the application date.
What are the documents required to get registration under Goa Shops & Establishment Act ?
Following documents shall be attached with the e-application:
- Business Constitution Proof
- If Proprietorship (Proprietor PAN)
- If Partnership: Partnership Deed and Registration Certificate from Registrar of Firms
- If LLP: LLP Agreement & Certificate Of incorporation
- If Company: Certificate of incorporation, MOA & AOA
- Business PAN
- Business Address Proof (NOC, Rental Agreement & Copy of Latest Utility Bill)
- Identity Proof Of Partners/Directors/Shareholders/Applicant (PAN card, Driving License, Aadhar card, Passport copy, etc;)
- Board Resolution / Authorisation Letter
- Other License Documents (Only if applicable)
- In case of a hotel, restaurant eating joints etc: Food and Drug Licence
- In case of Bar and restaurant: Excise Licence copy
- In the case of sand materials: License from the mining department / Licence from the tourism department
- In case of money exchange: Authorization Letter from RBI
- Form XXV (Notice of Shops/Establishment)
- Form XXIV ( Notice of Close Day/Change in Close Day)
- Form XXVIII ( List of Holidays)
Govt fees for Registration?
Following will be the Government Fees Applicable for Goa Shops and Establishment Act:
|Shops/Establishments employing no persons
|Shops/Establishments employing 5 or less than 5 persons
|Shops/Establishments employing more than 5 but less than 10 persons.
|Shops/Establishments employing 10 and above but less than 20 persons
|Hotels, Restaurants, Residential Hotels, Theatres, or other places of public amusement or entertainment or Shops/Establishments employing 20 and above but less than 30 persons.
|Hotels, Restaurants, Residential Hotels, Theatres, or other places of public amusement or entertainment or Shops/Establishments employing 30 or more persons.
|Banks and other Financial Institutions
What is the validity of the License ?
Once registered the license is valid up to 31st December for the year the application was approved. The applicant can further renew the application for a period of five years.
If you require any professional assistance while making an Application under Goa Shops & Establishment Act please reach our experts at +91-7008804070