How to Open a Bar?
Searching for a to-do list on How to Open a Bar? Here is a stepwise guide to starting up your dream establishment
STEP 1 – Selection on type of bar
Having first decided on to open a bar business you then need to decide which kind of bar would you like to open, as there are various different kinds of bars. The type of bar which suits your interest can be chosen.
- Night Club bars – Bar which may include one or more dance floor areas, a stage for live music, and entertainment.
- Beer Bar
- Specialty bars – Like cigar bars, wine bars, etc
- Sports Bar – a bar especially for sports fans and which contains several televisions with sports channels.
- Franchise bar
STEP 2 – Selection of business model
Having to open a bar of your own can be by various means. It could be through buying an existing bar, renovating it, remodeling it, buying a franchise, or creating your own bar. The choice can be made based upon your investment decisions. Creating or to Open a bar of your own will require a lot whereas franchise may not as already a brand name is set up.
STEP 3 – Geographical location
Selection of location is important when you are up to open a bar; places, where there can be more footfalls, can be selected like for example – near commercial places, posh areas, shopping complexes, etc
STEP 4 – Interior design, theme, and restaurant
Bars/resto-bars are usually for relaxation, refreshment, and entertainment, thus choose the ambiance of your restaurant that promotes this feeling. A restaurant can also be inbuilt in the bar.
STEP 5 – Necessary assets
For sitting, standing, relaxing, music and dancing all necessary furniture should be arranged like a sofa, bar stools, outdoor bar furniture, crockery, etc
STEP 6 – Licenses and permits
All necessary licenses to open a bar should be obtained
- Liquor License – Online liquor license should be obtained as it is intended to be consumed in the premises of bar if in the contrary it is sold to be consumed off the premises offline liquor license should be obtained.
- Shop Establishment License – It is required for any establishment, commercial establishment or shop is required.
- Local Municipal Authority License
- FSSAI License – To be obtained by FSSAI to ensure food security and safety standards.
- Fire Safety Certificate – NOC from the state fire department will be required.
- GST Registration
STEP 7 – Registration
You can choose the legal status of your business and register it, registering through a company would be preferable as the bar will continue to exist irrespective of people and promoters coming and going.
STEP 8 – Plan your Menu
Separate food and drink menu should be kept, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks should be presented separately in the menu. Displaying origin stories, adding pictures, colors, and highlighting special drinks will add glory to your menu.
STEP 9 – Arrange suppliers and stock up inventory
Arrangement of liquor bottles, shakers, glasses and selection of suppliers for the drinks and food supplies based on testing and Inspection should be done and necessary inventory should be stocked up.
STEP 10 – Promote your bar
Discovering your market, creating an online presence, creating an informative website, actively monitoring reviews, offering discounts, sponsoring events, arranging games and hosting events can help you grow your bar.